Highway Safety Analysis Virtual Training
This course is for engineering, planning and road safety professionals who want to be familiarized with the Predictive Methods of the Highway Safety Manual and their applications. Upcoming sessions: July 19-20 2022, 1-5pm ET; Aug 30-31 2022, 1-5 PM ET
This course is for engineering, planning and road safety professionals who want to be familiarized with the Predictive Methods of the Highway Safety Manual. It is also designed to provide a solid foundation for those who are studying for exams such as PE, FE, or RSP. The course is divided in 5 main sections:
- HSM Introduction and Overview – HSM introduction, summary of content and principles
- Two-Lane Rural Highways – HSM predictive methods and crash modification factors for two-lane rural segments and intersections
- Multi-lane Highways – HSM predictive methods and crash modification factors for multilane rural segments and intersections
- Urban and Suburban Arterials – HSM predictive methods and crash modification factors for urban/suburban arterials segments and intersections
- Freeways – HSM predictive methods and crash modification factors for Freeways segments, speed change lanes, ramp components and ramp terminals
- Understand the scope of Highway Safety Manual (HSM) Crash Prediction Models.
- Understand analysis inputs and interpret results
- Use the basics of Highway Safety Software to perform HSM analyses
- HSM and HSS Overview, HSM/HSS Applications to Two-Lane Rural Highways, and HSM/HSS Applications to Multilane Highways
Day 1 (1:00-5:00 ET)
- HSM/HSS Applications to Urban and Suburban Arterials, HSM/HSS Applications to Freeways
Day 2 (1:00-5:00 ET)
PDHs provided: 8
Karla Rodrigues-Silva is a Civil Engineer with Master and PhD degree in Transportation Engineering, specialized in Road Safety methods. Dr. Rodrigues-Silva works in University of Florida Transportation Institute, integrating McTrans Center and T2 team, with over 15 years of experience in the transportation industry to secure projects in many areas such as road safety, traffic engineering and urban planning. She has several awards and is author of the most referred Road Safety book in Brazil.
During checkout under "Special Instructions", please indicate the date you have selected to attend and let us know if you will need a time-limited version of HCS for this course. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your selected date.
Registrations will be limited to the first fifteen to ensure questions and discussion can be managed appropriately. Individual registrations are required.
For multiple registrations from the same agency or company on a single transaction, the fee is discounted 10% at $315 per person.
If you cannot pay by credit card, click here for a printable registration form.
A full refund will be issued if request is received in writing 7 business days before the course begins. NO refund will be given after that date except in the event the course is canceled. Failure to attend does not constitute cancellation. In the event the workshop is canceled a full refund will be returned, but the University is not responsible for non-refundable travel fares or lodging deposits.