Highway Capacity Software (HCS7) - Classroom Training (10-Seat Lab)
This product includes a Laboratory License of HCS7 for up to 10 seats for universities, to be used only for classroom and training purposes (excluding research).
A Laboratory License authorizes End User to use the Software only within a laboratory, up to the permitted (purchased) number of copies, provided the use is supervised in a classroom setting and appropriate protection against students copying the Software for transporting out of the lab is in place. The responsibility for ensuring this protection of the Software rests with the End User. Multiple laboratories require multiple licenses. The Software may not be installed or used on any computer outside of the licensed laboratory under the Laboratory License, including (but not limited to) any office, home, networked or portable computer.
The Highway Capacity Software (HCS7) faithfully implements the Highway Capacity Manual 6th Edition (HCM6) procedures to perform both planning and operational level analyses for the following elements:
- Freeway Segments
- Freeway Facilities
- Stop-Controlled Intersections
- Ramp Terminal and Interchanges:
- Diamond Interchanges
- Parclo Interchanges
- Single-Point Urban Interchange (SPUI)
- Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI)
- Urban Streets & Arterials with Signalized Intersections
- Traditional Signalized Intersections
- Alternative Intersections:
- Median U-Turn (MUT)
- Restricted Crossing U-Turn (RCUT)
- Displaced Left Turn (DLT)
The HCS7 suite also includes the following tools:
- Highway Safety Software: Crash prediction evaluations in roadway facilities based on the Highway Safety Manual (HSM)
- Warrants: Signal Warrant Analysis tool based on the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- HCS Service Volumes: Capacity analyses for planning level applications
- TRANSYT 7F: Traffic signal timing optimization tool
Note: Unless otherwise requested, you will be provided with a link to the installation.
Technical support and software updates are available with a current support subscription and detailed consulting assistance can be accessed for an hourly fee. Training courses are offered several times per year through our Highway Capacity Analysis Webinar Series or live upon request.
Operating System: WINDOWS 7 OR HIGHER